Tuesday, July 25, 2006


Tonight we had a little Texas in our own backyard! Well, almost-- Emmylou and I went to a concert in Patterson Park (the one across the street from our house) featuring a western swing band! I pushed her in the stroller up the hill near the pagoda and we sat on the grass and listened to songs like Bob Wills' "San Antonio Rose," "Faded Love" and the one with my favorite lyrics, "Roly Poly" (Daddy's Little Fatty). Unfortunately, Gary was hosting a happy hour so he couldn't join us and Emmylou slept through most of it, so I didn't have a dance partner. Now I can't wait to get back to the Broken Spoke! Check out this dress I found for Emmylou that I'm dying over-- it even has the real pearl snaps and smiley pockets! My dad said he and Joyce are going to get it for her so she'll be ready for the Spoke too!

No comments: