Sunday, March 25, 2007

Now that Emmylou is literally off and running, we've entered a whole new world together. The times I used to spend writing blog posts have been replaced with things like chasing her down the hall, trying to beat her to the bathroom before she unrolls ALL of the toilet paper, or picking up approximately 30 DVDs that she takes one by one out of the cabinet in the living room on an hourly basis. She is sooo much fun (I actually mean that), but it sure takes a lot of energy keeping up with her. Before I ever had a baby, this was the part I was always scared of. Would I have the energy to keep up with a toddler who was constantly exploring, grabbing and tearing things apart? Of course, I also always worried about how Gary would handle the interruptions in neatness, but luckily I've worn him down over the years so that he hardly notices the (slight?) increase in messiness around the house (yeah, right). At least he hasn't complained too much so far, and since Emmylou's a great sleeper, I think I might make it through this phase more gracefully than I ever anticipated since I'm not having to deal with sleep deprivation. Thanks, Lulu! They may be fewer, but I'll continue trying to squeeze posts in here and there to keep y'all up-to-date with the goings-on of the little monkey. Here are a few recent photos:

As Nerdy McNerdison in my glasses...


In the bluebonnets!


With a blue tongue after drinking my Gatorade I got after finishing the Capitol 10K this morning...


And with Emily a few weeks ago (a cute pic I never got around to posting earlier)...

No comments: