Friday, April 06, 2007

Wanna know why it's been so long since my last post? The truth is, I'm exhausted. I admit it. I can't remember the last time I slept past 7 am (weekday or weekend- and y'all know I'm a sleeper), or the last time Emmylou made it through an errand without throwing a fit after 20 minutes because, no, she doesn't want to ride in the basket, and no, she doesn't want to be held. These days I can count on her screaming and yelling at me at least 5 times per day: the 2 times I change her clothes from pajamas to day clothes and then back again at night, and the three times per day (minimum) that I wipe her hands and face after a meal. I swear you'd think I was beating the kid if you were listening next door! And then, of course, there are the other various strong-willed moments when she doesn't want to have her diaper changed or nose wiped or when she must have my keys or cell phone to throw on the floor for the hundredth time that day. Super fun. It's like now that she can walk she has her own agenda-- and it's definitely not the same as mine! I am chasing her around constantly. You know how when they're asked, skinny celebrity moms are always saying things like "No, I never work out-- I just chase after my kids!" Ugh. Never did I believe them. Well, now I do! I'm tired, People! And, even worse, not skinny!

I haven't taken any pictures lately so I don't have any to post today, but I promise to get some this weekend so y'all can see Emmylou on Easter. I at least wanted to check in so y'all know we're still alive. It's going to be a pretty relaxed weekend so maybe I'll get rejuvenated and get some energy! Of course, if Emmylou has any sugar, it's definitely going to be daddy's turn to watch her...

We hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Alex said...

I'm exhausted from working my first 40-work week in god knows how long, so I can't imagine running around after a 1 year old 100+ hours a week!

Can't wait to see the easter photos.