Saturday, August 25, 2007

Since I haven't posted in a while, here's what we've been up to lately...

Last weekend we went to San Antonio to visit with lots of family who haven't seen Lulu in a couple of months. Here she is with Kirk, who was in town from Minneapolis, and playing with bubbles at Lynn's house with Lynn and Granny (and Mimi, regrettingly not pictured):





Emmylou also got to visit with Pawpaw and Nana, getting to ride around in some kind of crazy all-terrain vehicle (what was that?) to see their property and where they'll be building a new house. Emmylou loved it! I'm so mad I forgot to take pictures while we were there!

We stayed with Grammie, so of course Emmylou got to see her and do all of her favorite activities at her house like playing the piano, reading her "Hamilton Duck" book and trying on a variety of shoes.

This week we've been hanging around the house, going to the gym and Town Lake (oops, I mean Ladybird Lake) and trying to help Emily with her house renovation when we can. Here's a pic of Emmylou doing some clean-up work at Em's new house:



With my superb example of housekeeping, I'm not surprised at all that she already knows what to do with a broom (Gary, stop laugh-snorting, please).

...And, Gary and I want to say thanks to Em and our friend Leslie who babysat for us last night. It was the first date night Gary and I have had in a very long while. We got to go to Jeffrey's, one of our favorite restaurants (yes, we got the crispy oysters on yucca chips if you checked out the link- still YUM after all these years!) and went to the Alamo Drafthouse to see a movie. We saw "King of Kong" and we highly recommend it! In case you haven't heard of it, it's a documentary about two men competing to be the world champion at Donkey Kong, the classic video game. I laughed, I cried. Seriously, it was really great. Here's the trailer if you're interested:

No comments: