Monday, September 10, 2007

Further proof that our little girl is (sadly) growing up:



We had to convert her crib to a toddler bed!

This weekend at the lakehouse after being put in her Pack 'n' Play for a nap, she opened and walked out the bedroom door only moments later. Then, last night when I tried to put her down, she shamelessly threw her leg over the crib rail and tried to hurl her body overboard (she didn't even wait until after I had left!). Since it's a long way down to the very hard, wood floor, we figured the best thing to do was to take that option away.

But let me tell you, life has already changed drastically. Long gone are the days of simply throwing a completely surrendered, sleepy girl into her crib and enjoying hours of silence from that moment onward. No, now we have a fighter--a screamer--and Gary and I are using terms like "cry it out" and "setting boundaries" with each other. Ughh. We're also trying to transition from two naps to one a day now, so that's SUPER.

During one of our many talks with Emmylou on how big girls stay in their beds, Gary was showing Emmylou exactly what to do:



Oh, and don't worry if it still looks like there's a long way for Lulu to fall when she rolls over in the middle of the night. We actually pull the mattress onto the floor when she goes to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the transition from cot to bed.


Ann

Bethany said...

I enjoy your blog too! Thanks for reaching out. I was afraid that you would think I was a random nutcase if I contacted you.

Yes, motherhood is the best. These babies are addictive!

The Buchanans said...

I hope Emmylou is getting used to her bed by now and that you are getting to sleep!

Alison