Monday, May 26, 2008

Emmylou's been really clingy this week but just when I was about to consult the manual on what to do for a new phase of separation anxiety, all was explained on Saturday afternoon by the onset of a pretty high fever that's still persisting. She also keeps telling me that her "mouth hurts" and pointing pretty far in there, so I'm assuming it's her throat and thinking she probably has strep throat. Of course her pediatrician is closed today since it's Memorial Day but hopefully we'll get in tomorrow and find out what's going on.

Since we haven't left the house in a couple of days, it's been a Wonder Pets marathon weekend and I think we've watched the episode where the WP's save a baby squirrel who's feet are stuck to the tracks of a roller coaster by cotton candy in Coney Island at least twelve times. And the day isn't over yet.

I've also gotten caught up on my gossip mag reading (which I'd mostly lost interest in ever since their obsession with "The Hills" stars set in), but I'm just a little annoyed with this cover photo:



Not that I would ever compare myself with Angelina Jolie in any way, but this is what she looks like pregnant with only four weeks to go with twins? Any of you who have seen my belly lately can attest to the fact that mine is already much larger with only one baby at 25 weeks. I'm just thrilled I have the rest of the summer to swell exponentially in the stifling Texas heat and humidity.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

I'll just take her $300,000 birth plan. Man...

The Buchanans said...

I hope Emmylou feels better soon! As for the Angelina comparison...I thought you looked brilliant last week :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon Emmylou!
Great to see you both last week and Becca you looked great!
Ann Codlin

Alex said...

i wish i looked as good as angelina and i'm not even pregnant :)