Wednesday, June 25, 2008

This past weekend we got to use Paw Paw and Nana's condo in Port Aransas. I think it was the very first family vacation we've ever taken with just the three of us! We had a great time and Emmylou loved the beach. Unfortunately, the pool didn't open until 10 am, so on Saturday morning we were out on the beach around 8 am by ourselves (Daddy was still sleeping). We spent the rest of the weekend in the pool and grilling outside.







Emmylou really liked the s'mores we had after grilling dinner...



On our way out, we stopped for a photo with the giant shark...



-------------------

In other news, I've changed the baby countdown to reflect my new due date-- I'm scheduled to have a c-section on Sept. 2nd now. He'll only be earlier if I go into labor before then, but I guess that might be a possibility seeing as how he is already huge. I had an ultrasound last week and he's 3 1/2 pounds. Most babies at this stage are only 2 1/4 pounds! Emmylou may be getting a toddler for a brother right away.

4 comments:

The Buchanans said...

That is a big little boy!!

Looks like y'all had a great time at the beach :)

Alex said...

that is a big baby :) when was your original due date?

emmylou + miller said...

it was originally 9/8 but since my OB wants me to have him right at 39 wks and that puts me at 9/1 (labor day), we'll have to do it the next day on tuesday, the 2nd.

Alex said...

oh so it is only a week early. good thing you will be getting a c-section if he is that huge :)