Sunday, November 02, 2008

Miller Turns Two Months Old!

Dear Miller,

Happy two month birthday and welcome to the first of many monthly letters from your mommy! Sorry I missed your first month's birthday but I was probably so brain dead from sleep deprivation and the sheer exhaustion of learning how to parent two children at once that I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to put a coherent sentence together anyway. But things are better now so here goes...

Things haven't always been easy since you were born. It started with you having your days and nights mixed up and then there was the colic, but, thankfully, both of those issues are now resolved. Recently we've been dealing with your new diagnosis of acid reflux and you've been on meds now for a week. Your medicine is the most horrible tasting stuff ever but you're getting better at taking it and within the last 48 hours we've finally noticed a real improvement. You finally aren't miserable after every meal! And now that you're in less pain we feel like we're getting to see your true personality.

And you're so cute! You love to smile and coo and "talk" to us. You have real back and forth conversations and your little voice changes to the sweetest sound during these interactions. I really think if it wasn't for all of the crappy stuff you've been through up until now you'd be one of the most smiley babies ever.

I know already that you're a great sleeper. Lately you've been sleeping for a 7 hour stretch each night! From the bottom of my heart, thank you!

Not surprising for a little guy who showed up on this planet weighing over 10 pounds, everyone says you look much older than other babies your age. In fact, you're already in 3-6 month size clothes. You also already love to "stand" on your legs and you're getting really good at controlling your head. And speaking of your head, I seriously cannot get enough of that warm, fuzzy head of yours! When I'm holding you I'm either constantly rubbing my cheek on your head like some kind of crazed cat or petting your head with my hand. Sorry if this is driving you crazy but I'll just tell you right now that I won't be able to stop.

I'm happy to report that your sister is still completely in love with you. She always likes to help take care of you and asks if you're going with us whenever I tell her we have an errand to run. We've asked her if she's happy that you're part of our family and she always answers with an enthusiastic "yes!" and says she loves you "sooooo much!" In fact, we all do and couldn't be happier that you're here. I can't wait to see what this month brings; I know it will only get even better now that you're feeling well.

I love you,
Mama

3 comments:

The Buchanans said...

Happy 2nd Month Miller!

The two of you look fabulous :)

Anonymous said...

Happy 2-month-a-birthday! b

LC said...

happy 2 months to miller! glad to hear he's doing better. much love to all of you.

Lauren