Thursday, December 11, 2008

Like mother like daughter

Emmylou and I both were thoroughly confused last week by what they're selling at American Apparel. Aside from the t-shirts and another (maybe) 5% of their inventory, who wears this stuff?

"Look, Mommy, here are those canary yellow bike shorts you've been looking for!"
Link
"Acid washed short-shorts? Awesome, I'll take two pairs!"

"Hmmm... neon brights, gold and silver lamé or the unitard. I want 'em all!"

And, "Everyone's getting a purple fanny pack for Christmas!"

Seriously...

6 comments:

Alex said...

american apparel aside from t-shirts is frightening. seriously, who wants a lame thong unitard? i've seen them in the ads - frightening!

Maury said...

hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I wish I would have known you were going I would have had you pick me up a pair of those disco pants (green), a velour romper (gold)and the purple fanny pack for my Mardi Gras get up. Oh well maybe next time.

Luv ya, Amy

The Gould Family said...

Sweet -- now I know what to get Dave. One of each. Jorts! Jorts! Jorts!

emmylou said...

Amy, you are so right! I never even thought of American Apparel being the best source for Mardi Gras-wear! Looks like I'll have to subject myself to going in there at least once more. But don't worry, I'm NOT buying the unitard.

superior said...

Some of the content is very worthy of my drawing, I like your information!
costume jewelry