Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Miller is 3 Months Old!



Dear Miller,

We made it! For me three months was a milestone: if we could make it to three months, we could make it for good. I'm happy to report that things have really gotten much better; not what I'd call easy by any means, but we're at least getting into a rhythm and for the most part now you're a sweet, quick to laugh, curious, sleep-loving baby.

While I'm amazed by how fast these past three months have flown by, I have to admit that I'm a little glad you're out of that newborn stage and can now really control your head, sit when I have you propped up, and smile, laugh and coo right back at us when we talk to you. You really light up when you see your sister's face. You crack up when I blow raspberries on your tummy. You hiccup like crazy and gnaw on your hands.

We recently gave you your sister's favorite toy, the Whoozit, and you love it just as much as she did. You are really studying it and grabbing at it these days and this morning you fell asleep with it in your hand.

I'm not sure if you realize this, but you and I have slumber parties almost every night! When you wake up at 2 or 3 or 4 in the morning to eat, we wander out to the living room where I feed you and then fight the urge to talk to you and try to make you laugh because I know it'll make it harder for both you and I to go back to sleep. Since I worry about putting you on your back in the bassinet after I feed you (I don't want you to choke from your reflux), I swaddle you back up like a burrito, prop you up in your bouncy seat on the ottoman and then I take my spot on the couch and sleep right next to you until morning.

Miller, it's already hard to remember what our family was like before you came along! You really complete our family and I can't wait to watch you grow even more this next month.

I'll see you in the living room for our standing date in about three hours.

All my love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow three months already...

ann