Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Explanation

So, you probably know by now that when there hasn't been a post in a while that means things are probably, um... not going so great. Let me try to sum up the past few weeks.  

First, Miller spent an entire week really fussy and not sleeping through the night because he was getting his first tooth. And as soon as that tooth came in, he spent the following week getting his second tooth. Good times.

Within minutes that Miller got over the second tooth, Emmylou surprised me with a 101 degree fever out of nowhere and continued to run between 102 to 105 for FIVE days straight, culminating in (yet another) trip to the emergency room- taken by Gary- which I only heard about as I was driving home through torrential downpours to and from Conroe for my grandmother's funeral. The hospital sent Emmylou home saying it was just a virus (which is what the doctor had said when I took her in on Wednesday) and that she'd just have to weather it out. They took a chest x-ray "just because she was there" but didn't see anything on it.

The following day the ER called to say they had changed their minds and that Emmylou did, in fact, have pneumonia, could you please put her on antibiotics strong enough for a horse? So she finally started to get well again as Gary and I tag-teamed caring for her and Miller over a family reunion weekend filled with all kinds of activities. 

Now Miller's sick.

Luckily, he seems to be getting better already and hasn't had a fever higher than 100 degrees. 

And, with all my complaining, we really have had some fun times lately. Emmylou loved Easter and the family reunion was a blast. I'm also thinking my sanity might improve soon because I just quit my job on Friday- I had picked up a couple of home health patients over the past six weeks. 

I promise to post some more photos soon, but for now I'll leave you with some Easter pics... Thanks to Mimi for the cute personalized jammies and to PawPaw and Nana for the fancy-shmancy duds!









5 comments:

Bethany said...

Man, that sounds sucky. Why does everything have to hit at once?

The Buchanans said...

That sounds like a really tough few weeks! Hope things are getting better!

Lauren C. said...

oh, bec, sorry it's been so rough. hope everything is turning around...poor babies!

Shelly said...

I'm so sorry things have been tough! Sounds like E's illness was scary--glad the meds helped her out and I hope M gets well soon.
The pictures are super cute though! :)

Unknown said...

Wow. I hope everyone is back soon!