Sunday, April 26, 2009

Happy Birthday, Eeyore!

Alex has been in town from Vegas for the past few days and we've had a great time hanging out with her. Yesterday we went to Eeyore's Birthday Party! This was the 46th annual party and I really can't believe I've never been before. Actually, I take that back. I think Emily and I tried going one year in college and turned around after being scared off by all the um, interesting people we encountered. I guess now I've just been in Austin long enough to embrace these folks.

Turns out the festival caters to two very specific demographics: fairy-costume-wearing-hallucinogenic drug-lovers and kids! Perfect!

First things first: Alex treated Emmylou to some face painting and even got beautified herself:




After a little while, Emmylou's new friend Rhea came too! She asked for a beautiful mermaid on her face. 

Just a sampling of Eeyore's "colorful" friends:
And here's what Miller thought of the party:

In other Alex-related news, I've been meaning to post a link to her new blog, Recession Recipes. Alex and Carlo are fabulous cooks and they've been making some awesome looking dishes that I'm dying to try. What a bonus that they are super-affordable! If you haven't seen it yet, CLICK HERE!




1 comment:

Alex said...

i had so much fun hanging out! can't wait until next time when we get to do it with isla.