Saturday, May 02, 2009

Miller is [gasp!] 8 months old!



Dear Miller,

Happy 8 month birthday! So I missed last month's update because things were a little, uh, hectic. Right at 7 months you got your first tooth and then a week later you got your second. A two-for-one special! Here's what else you've been busy doing...

Tonight you had your first "meat" dinner: macaroni and cheese with beef. You seemed to like it which is a real plus because up until now you haven't been crazy about anything that's not sweet. Yes to applesauce, bananas, peaches and sweet potatoes. No to peas, green beans, squash and carrots. We'll keep trying those.

I'll be generous and say you're an okay sleeper. Some nights you're great and others pretty bad, for no rhyme or reason. Last night you slept 12 hours straight so I'm preparing for at least 3 middle of the night sessions with you tonight. You're a light sleeper so I don't get to check on you as much as I'd like once you fall asleep, but I have noticed that you like to sleep on your tummy now as opposed to your side like you did all last month. Seeing you cuddled up like that was almost too much!

You are happy and smiley most of the time and absolutely can't wait to get moving. Apparently the thing I resemble most to you these days is a jungle gym because you can't be near me for more than 2 seconds without trying to pull up onto your feet and start climbing. When you get up you immediately smile with your newfound strength and independence. (I'm sure you've caught me beaming with pride as well.)

I confess that I'm feeling a bit guilty because I quit breastfeeding you last week. I really tried to keep at it but once you got those teeth you went straight into piranha mode and I just couldn't take it! But you seem to like formula as much as or even more than what I was giving you, so I'm thinking you're going to do just fine.

I took you to the doctor on Thursday for your checkup and here's what your stats were:
Weight: 18 lbs., 3 oz. (25th-50th percentile)
Height: 27" (50th percentile)
Head circumference: 75th percentile.

You are growing and babbling and laughing more and more every day! Daddy and I love seeing your funny and sweet personality developing. You're still enamored with Emmylou and light up any time she goes near you. Lately the two of you have started playing together on the floor and it is too cute! I wonder how long that'll last...

I think I tell you "I love you" a thousand times a day, whispering in your ear when I hold you close and feel your soft head on my cheek. It is pure sweetness and joy and I feel so lucky to have you in my life. I can't wait to see what this next month brings, I know we have big changes in store for us soon.

I love you so much, my little guy!
Love,
Mommy

No comments: