Thursday, August 31, 2006

Cough, cough, sniffle, sniffle. Our girl has her first cold. We went to lunch and shopping today with Hope and John but she was not too happy and just kind of moaned the entire time. I just put her to bed so hopefully she'll get a good night's rest and wake up feeling better tomorrow. Poor baby, she needed lots of hugs today. I was happy to be of service.

In other news, it's the Stephens Family: 2, The Mice: 1. We've zapped 2 mice in the last 24 hours since the RatZapper arrived, but not before they ate through another bag of Tostitos. Unfortunately, after we got home from a quick dinner tonight and I opened the pantry door to see if the Zapper's tell-tale red light was blinking (it was!), there was yet another mouse staring at me from on top of the powdered sugar box, acting like he owned the place. But I have no doubt that he'll be toast soon, too; not only am I completely obsessed with getting rid of them (I even dreamed about them last night), I just realized I've been training for this since the second or third grade when this was my favorite game:
And, Gary just came up from the basement and insisted that I post this photo... (I apologize to all the sqeamish out there):

No comments: