Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Oops, I did it again. I pulled a Britney. Yesterday while I was in the shower, I put Lulu in her bouncy seat with some toys to keep her occupied but forgot to fasten her safety belt. Usually she sits in there and plays while I shower and I periodically open the door and check on her, but yesterday, unfortunately, I forgot that her newest favorite thing is to arch her back and push her legs down to scoot out of any reclining object or seat. (The first time she tried that in her swing we caught her mid-flight nearly to the floor.) So, anyway, right in the midst of washing the conditioner out of my hair, I heard a boom. Luckily, the bouncy chair was sitting on the floor so she didn't have far to fall, and she didn't cry, so I'm assuming it didn't hurt too much. She just mostly looked surprised which was probably brought on more by seeing me charging at her naked and soaking wet rather than falling out of her chair. To make myself feel better, I'm telling myself that if there wasn't a 'manny' involved, this would have happened to Britney SEVERAL times. Here's a re-enactment of the event (just of the baby falling, not of me running around naked):



Now I'm trying to redeem myself in other ways. For example, when Lulu is in her walker and gets right up next to the TV while watching her Baby Einstein DVDs, I tell her parental things like "you'll ruin your eyes if you watch TV that close!" and "TV will rot your brain!" Mother of the Year, right?

No comments: