Sunday, February 15, 2009

Emmylou is 35 months old


Dear Lou,

Yesterday, Valentine's Day, marked one more month until you turn 3! You are so excited about your upcoming birthday but you're also pretty excited about just about anything these days.

You thought Valentine's Day was pretty great, probably because you really raked in the gifts and candy. We leave for Mardi Gras on Thursday and you really can't wait to get there. For the last couple of weeks you and I have been taking turns pretending to climb up on a ladder and then catching the beads or stuffed animals we hurl at each other. I can't wait to see you there, I really think you're going to have the time of your life.

What's your favorite thing to do right now at home? Easy: dress-up. Yesterday for Valentine's Day Grammie and Carol brought over a whole slew of crazy outfits they hunted down at Goodwill and the Salvation Army. I actually think we had as much fun as you did just watching you put everything on! Of course you love being a princess the best, despite my best attempts to avoid having anything princess-y in our house. I give up, it really must be in the DNA.

You also love to pretend to be your favorite TV characters, especially Max and Ruby. You always want to be Max and as long as I end every sentence with that name ("Okay, Max, it's time to get in the car and go to school, Max!") you think it's hilarious and almost always do what I say ("Okay, Ruby!").

We have had some really great times this past week, maybe the best ever. Maybe because I came back refreshed from Costa Rica or maybe just because you have become sweeter than ever, but I have been enjoying every second with you. You keep me laughing with the hilarious things you say and I can't get enough of our sappy "No, I love you more" contests.

I couldn't be luckier to have you and your brother.

All my love,
Mommy

No comments: